I try to participate in every event I can, from Domestic Violence Awareness Walks, to radio interviews about domestic violence, to going into prisons to speak to inmates about the effects of domestic violence on the victims. The following events where those that involved the media. For a complete list, visit my past events page. If you would like me to participate in or speak at an event, please use my contact page to get in touch with me.
- July 22, 2017 – First Annual Domestic Violence Awareness Walk and vendor show to benefit A Better Choice of Living Shelter and Half-way house. I spoke to the attendees about how important it is for a victim to have a place to go when she needs to leave an abusive situation and this is something our area doesn’t have enough of.
- October 24, 2014 – I returned to Pages and Light Bookstore in Somerset, PA to join several performers on Soundstage – a venue for local musicians. This evening’s event was geared to giving a voice to domestic violence victims. I gave a short talk on Domestic Violence before the music started. They donated half of the cover cost to the Women’s Help Center – generous ladies!
- October 23, 2014 – All day Domestic Violence Awareness day at Pages and Light Bookstore in Somerset, PA. I was joined by the Soroptimists, The Women’s Help Center, Area Agency on Aging, and I organized a blood drive with the American Red Cross in honor of domestic violence victims.
- October 19, 2014 – Another radio interview on our upcoming event. This one was pre-recorded with Jessica Taylor for WKYE and other Forever Radio Stations to be broadcast at various times in the coming days.
- October 10, 2014 – I participated in a live radio interview on WNTJ – Johnstown Live with Ralph DeMarco about the upcoming Domestic Violence Awareness Day I had organized at Pages and Light Bookstore in Somerset, PA.
- April 23, 2014 – Pages and Light Bookstore in Somerset, PA hosted a “Local Authors Night”. Nine local authors camped out, eating, chatting and entertaining the public with our “stories”. It was absolute fun!
- October 11, 2013 – My book, Knight in Tarnished Armor and I, were joined at Pages and Light Bookstore in Somerset, PA by the ladies of the Soroptimists, The Women’s Help Center of Somerset and Cambria Counties, and Barb Hauger of Paramount Martial Arts Center who gave us tips on how to be safe.
- October 18, 2009 – I was a guest of Leah Bello on the Sunday Magazine radio show on WKYE in Johnstown, PA. I spoke to her about my book, being a victim of domestic violence and bringing awareness to this huge problem.
- October 11, 2009 – I spoke with Dr. Parks on her radio show “Interactions” broadcast from Chicago, Illinois about the release of my book and domestic violence awareness.