Below are recommended websites and books for victims, survivors, and advocates of domestic violence. These resources can help to point you in the right direction and provide the support you are looking for. Please don’t forget that I am also here to provide additional guidance. I will constantly be updating these lists, so check back often.
- www.FocusMinistries1.org one of the best websites about domestic violence. Paula Silva, the founder of Focus Ministries has devoted her life to helping domestic violence victims. In her class, I learned about working with victims and her website is a wealth of information, encouragement, and love.
- www.rosesaad.com – A beautiful, inspirational, helpful website for Christian women struggling with abuse and questioning how to cope.
- www.ndvh.org – National Domestic Violence Hotline, 1-800-799-7233
- http://www.nrcdv.org/ National Resource Center on Domestic Violence
- http://www.bwjp.org/index.html – Battered Women’s Justice Project
- www.ncadv.org/ National Coalition Against Domestic Violence
- www.cadvny.org/ Center Against Domestic Violence – New York
- www.domesticshelters.org – a helpful website to locate a domestic shelter near you, plus a lot of other helpful information.
- www.aafvhope.org/ – Advocates Against Family Violence – this is a website of a shelter in Idaho and it has a lot of great information
- http://nnedv.org/ National Network to End Domestic Violence
- https://nomore.org – a website for domestic violence and sexual assault victims
- http://www.joyfulheartfoundation.org – the organization started by Mariska Hargitay, the star of the NBC hit show Law and Order, Special Victims Unit after she realized how broken the system is to bring criminals to justice
- www.pcadv.org – an excellent website by the state of Pennsylvania with great information.
- Charmers and Con Artists and Their Flip Side – Scott, Sandra.
- The Gift of Fear and Other Survival Signals That Protect Us From Violence – De Becker, Gavin
- The Language of Letting Go (daily inspirational readings) – Beattie, Melody
- Refuge From Abuse – Healing & Hope for Abused Christian Women – Nason-Clark, Nancy, and Clark Kroeger, Catherine
- The Verbally Abusive Relationship—How to recognize it and how to respond – Evans, Patricia
- When Love Goes Wrong – What to do when you can’t do anything right – Jones, Ann, and Schechter, Susan
- Getting Free – A Handbook for Women in Abusive Relationships – NiCarthy, Ginny
- Violence Among Us – Ministry to Families in Crisis – Paula Silva and Brenda Branson
- But He’ll Change – End the Thinking That Keeps You in an Abusive Relationship – Joanna V. Hunter
- A Path of Hope – Restoring the Spirit of the Abused Christian Woman – Rose Saad
- Why Does He Do That? Inside the Minds of Angry and Controlling Men – Lundy Bancroft
- God Hates Abuse – Abuse and the Doctrine of Headship and Submission – Robin Mullins Senger